Sunday, April 11, 2010

whoops

I accidentally started a weblog today. I figure it will be a worthwhile accident. Most of my accidents are. I always thought I had something significant to tell the world and it turns out that I also have something to show.
So, for your consideration...
In my efforts to come out of artistic obscurity I'm gonna post a few items here and there to build up an unofficial portfolio for my adoring fan(s).
The above piece was my foray into Adobe Photoshop. Before this I thought the only form of painting on the computer was Microsoft Paint (which I still swear by). Turns out I was pretty naive. This was done before I had a digital tablet so it was drawn by mouse.
For those of you who aren't aware, I'm attending The Art Institute of Salt Lake City pursuing another bachelor's degree, but this time in Animation. So I already have plenty of works to post until we catch up to the present. This will also be a good way for me to chronicle my progress and skills as an artist.

Tell me what you think. It's okay to be brutal. I have a pretty high tolerance for negative criticism.

9 comments:

Mad Hadder said...

"I am the great and powerful Oz." More! More!

Mad Hadder said...

Grammar pointer to new blogster: Put a comma and a conjunction when you need to separate two independent clauses (sentences). It saves family and friends of the reader the time and annoyance of recusitation.

Tracy Giles said...

I know I've said this before, but I think you are so incredibly talented. It's about time you started a blog, now we can see your work!! That is such a cool picture. I would love it if you would post a tutorial from time to time to help the little people like me learn something new about photoshop and animation. I can't wait to see what else you have done!

Chemene said...

If you expect anything but praises for your work, you're dreaming. You are amazing, and I would love to see more and more. Hope you don't mind us (me and Lance)following your blog.

beck said...

I think I'm gonna like this, Tom. I think it's SOOOOOO great that you're doing Animation, you are talented (but don't get a big head now...) Can't wait to keep tabs on you.

thekerrclan said...

I'm impressed. I had no idea -until reading Season's blog awhile ago that you had such amazing skills. Can't wait to see more.

Taggart said...

Well Tom, unlike our loving mother, MY first comment on your blog WON'T be a criticism of your writing skills. Great looking blog. It's exciting to see your work.

Mitzi said...

My kids want an autographed picture for their rooms. Doesn't really matter who it's of... They just want to tell their friends that their cool uncle Thomas did it.

Dan said...

Wow! You've come a long way from our MS Paint sessions in that air conditioned building on Avenida Rio Branco! You should post some of your latest using that software too. It could be a shock and awe campaign. Congrats, Tom!