Thursday, April 28, 2011

Raising the Bar

Thank you all for coming!  I hope this experience is as rewarding for you as it was time-consuming for me.  Rather than ruining this experience for you any further, let's just get right to it.

The following is a project that took me about three months to complete.  It could probably still use a bit more polish and shine, but... you know.  You may recognize the giraffe as the famous Geoffrey the Giraffe from Toys 'R Us.  I'm not sure how trademarks and copyrights work but I figure I should mention that the general design of this character is not my doing.  Maybe if I took off the stars it wouldn't have been a problem.  

For best viewing, click on the 720 HD option on the bottom right if it's not already.  Crank up the sound.  And give it the ol' full screen treatment.  If the high def is too slow you can reduce the resolution or just give it some time to prep.

And now for the moment no one's been waiting for...



If you happened to miss the premiere showing, there will be a series of encore showings from now until the end of the internet.
Thanks again for coming.  Don't forget to sign the guest registry.

15 comments:

prefirefighter said...

nice work tom!

Shelly said...

Absolutely amazing, entertaining, nail bitingly suspenseful, detail filled, belly laugh worthy, honest and worth plenty of re-watches. Well done, my friend, well done.

Brian and Lindsay Holmstrom said...

I would like to give a big fat ditto to Shelly's remarks. Bravo Cousin.

Mad Hadder said...

I called with my STANDING OVATION, but I'll post here as well for the world to see!!! I LOVED IT!!!!!!!!!! More More More!!! I thought it was just wonderful...

kittens said...

TOM! That was super GOOD! Well done you. That deserves a hearty round of applause (which Seaweed and I are doing together at this moment). You should be proud.

beck said...

Yay! We watched it three times in a row, the twinners kept saying, "again! again!" I loved the perspectives and also when his eyes hung back in space for a second when he fell. Great job, Tom.

Tacie Kerr said...

I totally agree with Shelly's comments. If it wasn't so late...I would try to come up with something witty and charming myself...but I can't. You do amazing work. I can't wait till you are famous. Awesome. And of course, I love that you gave Season kudos at the end.

Unknown said...

Very cool Tom! Loved the part where he (He is a he, right?) leaves his eyes behind!

annie said...

I think you are on to something here. I don't know that I could provide a summary to the last three months of work - thank you for taking some time to let your talent shine.

Kris said...

Bravo! Bravo! Absolutely awesome! Very impressive!

Aaron said...

I hope our US Team does as well as Geoff did! Great work!

David Miyasaki said...

Tom, this was outstanding. If you ever want to trade some 3D animation for chiropractic services, let me know. Your friend, Dr. David.

Jesse said...

Awesome.

Norma said...

This was great Tom!!! A unique perspective on the whole concept of pole vaulting! VERY FINE :)

thevinylshoppe said...

As always your mad skills amaze me. I don't think you were really born in BL because none of the rest of us have skills.