Friday, December 31, 2010

The 3rd Dimension

I remember when saying "The 3rd Dimension" used to be cool and exciting and unknown.  Now it's so commonplace that no one gives a whoop anymore.  I also remember when people used to say "who gives a whoop?".

Until now, everything I've posted on this blog has been 2D art.  Buckle up, cause now I'm showing some 3D art... in 2D!!

This was a final project for a modeling class I took.  I have a tendency to pick out the flaws before anyone else has a chance to, just so it doesn't seem like I'm trying to pass off something good while being totally naive.  But today I don't care.  I'm just going to assume that you know that I know that we all know it's mediocre.

Grandfather Clock done in Maya.







I didn't get a chance to learn the camera animation in Maya yet, so I don't know why it turns so choppy.

Last post of the year.  Hears hoping my posts will be more frequent and of better quality in 2011.
Happy New Year!


2 comments:

thekerrclan said...

I don't see any flaws. Even if you pointed them out, I wouldn't be able to tell.

Shelly said...

That was nifty, Tom!