Friday, September 10, 2010

nude amphibians

Today I was quite fortunate to have a guest model for my figure drawing class.  You may not recognize the face but this is the lead stunt double for Princess and the Frog.  He sat down with us and told us stories of making the movie and how he always wanted to do stunt work.  You wouldn't think it but he's just a regular guy like you or me.  He laughed at all my jokes and chewed gum like anyone else would.  It's refreshing to know that there is still good talent out there that doesn't let the fame go to their head.

Here are a few of the sketches I made while he posed for us.








An alternate version of the story goes like this:  While in figure drawing today, I decided to change things up a bit by making the human model look like a frog.  Since I try to keep this blog G-rated for the sake of all my 0-12 year old fan base, I finally have some tasteful nudes to post on here.

4 comments:

Crossy said...

You're amazingly talented Tom. Love your work ;)

Mad Hadder said...

Tee hee. Did you pump him for contacts?

Tom Giles said...

Thanks for the kind words, Desiree.

Mad Hadder, turns out the alternate ending tells the actual events, otherwise I would have totally networked with this frog.

Shelly said...

You mean, you had an actual nude person in class??? Wooo Tom. Picture #2 is my favorite.